Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand
Yoga Alliance 200 Hour Certification Course
An Education in Yoga: Foundation Level
Centered Yoga is located at Samahita Retreat on the beautiful tropical island of Koh Samui, Thailand. Our celebrated yoga teaching institute has been providing yoga certification courses since Paul Dallaghan founded the school in New York in 1999.
We offer one-month residential teacher trainings courses, which are preceded by pre-course assignments and practice preparation.
Centered Yoga teacher training is one of the most comprehensive and thorough trainings available in yoga today: due to the experience of the teachers, the unique completeness of the curriculum and to the outstanding training facilities and environment.
Very few are immersed in the classic traditional teachings from India and are able to combine this with the cutting edge modern scientific thought in the field of yoga and meditation today. Though some attempt to imitate with words and images, such experience and knowledge base has taken not just years of study and practice, but deep focus and questioning in terms of study and understanding through both living the tradition in practice and academic understanding. This cannot just be copied and replicated. This is what we bring to you as a student on a yoga teacher training course; 300 hours of learning in a dedicated, focused environment. We believe you, our students, who invest precious time and money, deserve such a standard.
Our All-Inclusive teacher training programs include comfortable and clean accommodation, delicious, healthy food and an idyllic beachfront setting. We take care of everything for you so you can immerse yourself in the practice and make the most of your time with us.
You will complete 300 hours of training in Centered Yoga encompassing methods and teaching from classical Raja and Hatha Yoga, across modern vinyasa and asana, to traditional pranayama and meditation, with modern science and research to guide the way forward:
- Dynamic Core Vinyasa Asana practice and teaching – various vinyasa class sequences that include the regular linear ashtanga sequence and more creative expressive vinyasa forms.
- Restorative Asana practice and teaching – various forms of gentle, yin, flow and restorative classes from both classical old style hatha yoga as well as modern restorative forms.
- How to Breathe and Breath Regulation – clear techniques and practices in regulating and training the breath, to be used in all practices as well as benefit daily life. Know and udnerstand it well so it can be shared and taught to others.
- Cleansing Kriyas – traditional hatha yoga methods to take care of and rejuvenate internal organs, open the body, and improve the breath.
- Classical Pranayama practice – being one of the world’s leading authorities and knowledge bases in pranayama you will be taught in detail and, importantly, correctly in pranayama methods to further engage you in practice and the world of yoga and meditation.
- Meditation Practice and Techniques – daily practice and growth internally incorporating a few approaches across yogic and Buddhist traditions.
- Yoga Philosophy and Psychology – the classic texts and teachings on yoga presented in terms of our lives today, with most attention on Patanjali Yoga Sutra, and reference to the Gita, Sankhya Karika, and Hatha Pradipika.
- Anatomy and Physiology – up to date science and research on the body and its systems and movement forms within the yoga practice.
- Chanting and Mantra – be introduced to this ancient practice of mantra and pranava (Om) recitation along with the enhanced learning of key Sanskrit terms and names through chanting.
- How to Teach – clear guidelines and instructions in how to teach to different levels of students a few different approaches of asana class as well as breath work.
- Yoga in Daily Life – Instruction for the practical application of these tools in going about teaching in the modern world and keeping it in life.
- Full Residential Experience – eat, live and breathe in one of the world’s most dedicated yoga practice settings, designed for the yoga approach and to aid your own practice and growth.
- Strength and Fitness – functional fitness core strength work coupled with indoor cycling cardio workouts on the world’s best Schwinn bikes serve to complement and augment your training as part of our YogaCoreCycle programming.
Upon successful completion of this training course you will be equipped with:
- The ability to teach a dynamic, vinyasa style asana class
- The ability to teach a gentle, restorative style asana class
- Basic understanding and direction to sequence your own classes
- Your own personalized asana practice
- Your own personalized seated practice (based in breathing awareness, classical pranayama, and mantra meditation techniques)
- A greater context for, and understanding of, Yoga in its entirety, beyond the physical approach to asana, so caring & sharing and love of this planet can be interpreted to others.